Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tis the Season!

So I think today the Christmas Rush officially started for me. I'm starting to feel that numb, edgy feeling, foggy at the edges, get-it-done-while-I-can kinda' panic. My job just heated up--just yesterday!--and since so much of what I do is seasonal, I have to deal with not only increased workload for me, but how to manage 100+ volunteers in what is their busy season, too. I am embarrassed to say I have no different plan this year to get through it or reconstruct it--yet. 
     This blog is called "Different Path" so I need to sift through past Christmases and do something a little different this year. Part of my dilemma is that I secretly don't LOVE Christmas because my career choice makes me work every Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I am stuck between what I wish Christmas could be and what it always ends up becoming. My husband and kids have made their own happy Christmas customs without me, and I guess at my age, well, I would like a piece of the action.
     So, look to my next few posts to see how I re-design this season. It's gonna' be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment